Greening Your Business
Resources for New Hampshire businesses to implement green practices that protect the environment and save money.
The term “green” has been used to describe many things, but when we talk about “green” in reference to business, we are talking about businesses going above and beyond regulatory requirements to protect the environment. By taking those extra steps to eliminate the use of toxic chemicals, reduce waste, save energy and conserve water and other resources, businesses can greatly reduce their impact on the environment.
The New Hampshire Pollution Prevention Program (NHPPP) can help businesses implement strategies that protect the environment and save money at the same time. For more information and a free consultation, contact the program at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Simple Ways to Green Your Business
- Make green thinking part of your company culture by establishing a simple Environmental Policy, and do business with like-minded “Green Vendors” with an Environmentally Preferable Purchasing Plan.
- Establish a Green Team to establish and implement a wide range of environmental initiatives like increased recycling, reducing food waste, composting, hosting a Clean Commute week, buying recycled office supplies and more.
- Use Pollution Prevention strategies to eliminate waste.
- Clean with Green cleaning products.
- Seek out clean energy and efficiency rebates/incentives.
- Purchase Energy Star products.
- Visit NH Saves for lighting and energy rebates.
This Pollution Prevention Checklist for Businesses is a good resource for businesses interested in taking the steps to become more sustainable. More guidance documents are available in our document library.