skip navigation
New Hampshire Department of Environmental Services

Youth Recreation Camp Licensing Program
Youth Recreation Camp License

To promote and protect the health and safety of campers and camp staff.

Applies to any program that operates for at least 10 days per license-year for the purpose of providing recreational opportunities, or a combination of recreation and instruction, to 10 or more youth per day, at a place that is continuously or periodically used for such purposes, including residence camps and seasonal and year-round day camps. Any organization or program not required to be licensed under RSA 485-A:24 or RSA 170-E may apply for and obtain a license under these rules. Except as provided above, these rules do not apply to any child day care agency as defined in RSA 170-E:2, IV; or places, entities, and programs exempt from licensing under RSA 170-E:3.

Statute and Administrative Rules
RSA 485-A:23 Water Pollution and Waste Disposal/Safety Regulations/Recreation Camps
RSA 485-A:24 Water Pollution and Waste Disposal/Safety Regulations/License; Fee
RSA 485-A:25 Water Pollution and Waste Disposal/Safety Regulations/Rulemaking
RSA 485-A:25-a Water Pollution and Waste Disposal/Safety Regulations/Statement of Health for Recreational Camps
Env-Wq 900 Youth Recreation Camps

For copy of the application, please visit the Youth Camp License Program webpage or contact Barbara Davis at  or (603) 271-2542.

$$200 per camp per calendar year.

Processing Time
Approximately 30 days.

License valid for the calendar year in which it is issued. Must be received by the Youth Recreation Camp Licensing Program at least 30 days prior to youth recreation camp opening.

Not applicable.


Not applicable.

Status of Current Applications
Contact Barbara Davis at or (603) 271-2542.

More Information
Overview of Youth Recreation Camp Licensing Program Adobe Acrobat Reader Symbol(Fact Sheet WD-DWGB-20-1)

The Basic Principles of Food Safety Adobe Acrobat Reader Symbol

NH Camp Director’s Association

American Camp Association of New England

Contact Us
Youth Recreation Camp Licensing Program or (603) 271-2542.



Adobe Acrobat Reader Symbol Adobe Acrobat Reader format. Download a free reader from Adobe.

NH Department of Environmental Services | 29 Hazen Drive | PO Box 95 | Concord, NH 03302-0095
(603) 271-3503 | TDD Access: Relay NH 1-800-735-2964 | Hours: M-F, 8am-4pm

copyright 2017. State of New Hampshire