skip navigation
New Hampshire Department of Environmental Services

Frequently Asked Questions
  • Does NHDES Site Remediation Programs (SRP) provide information electronically and how do I get it?
    See the Waste Management Division's home page for available information. The Site Remediation Program (SRP) provided on-line access to the Geographical Information System on December 21, 2001.
Back to Top
  • Is there a Department of Environmental Services general information office and what kind of information can I get there?
    NHDES has a Public Information Center (PIC), which coordinates the Department’s permitting and regulatory process and serves as the contact for information about the Department’s procedures, programs, and activities. All of the laws, rules, guidance documents, information handbooks, fact sheets, audio-visual materials, publications, and lists related to Department activities are coordinated by PIC for dissemination to the public. You may contact PIC at (603) 271-2975 or File reviews for the Hazardous Waste Division are now conducted through PIC, for more information call (603) 271-2919 or (603) 271-8808 or
Back to Top
  • How often are the environmental regulations updated, and can I get a copy of older regulations?
    When a state environmental law is adopted or revised, rules are created or changed to help ensure the law is followed. In addition, all rules expire eight years after the adoption date and must be readopted. The Public Information Center (PIC) has copies of the current rules ( or (603) 271-2975). The Office of Legislation Services (603) 271-3455 keeps indexed records of all past regulations. You may also check the Waste Management Division's home page for rules and regulations posted there.
Back to Top
  • Who do I contact for more information?
    See the Telephone/E-mail list on the Site Remediation Program’s home page.
Back to Top

NH Department of Environmental Services | 29 Hazen Drive | PO Box 95 | Concord, NH 03302-0095
(603) 271-3503 | TDD Access: Relay NH 1-800-735-2964 | Hours: M-F, 8am-4pm

copyright 2017. State of New Hampshire