skip navigation
New Hampshire Department of Environmental Services

Hazardous Waste Compliance Section
Hazardous Waste Transfer Facility Permit

To establish conditions to safely store, bulk or consolidate hazardous waste.

Facilities that store, bulk, or consolidate hazardous waste from off-site generator locations for up to 10 days prior to transferring the waste to an authorized hazardous waste treatment, storage, or disposal facility.

Statute and Administrative Rules
RSA 147-A:4 Hazardous Waste Management/Operator Permits
Env-Hw 304.07 Permitting Hazardous Waste Facilities/Fees (Env-Hw 300 Permits)
Env-Hw 304.01 Permitting Hazardous Waste Facilities/Transfer Facility Permits (Env-Hw 300 Permits)

The application form may be obtained by contacting Zachary Lorch at or (603) 271-5328.

The initial fee is $4,500. The renewal or modification fee is $3,000.

Processing Time
12 to 18 months after the application is deemed complete.

The term is five years. To obtain a renewal, a new application must be submitted to the NHDES Waste Management Division, Hazardous Waste Permitting Section before the expiration of the existing Hazardous Waste Transfer Facility Permit. NHDES recommends submitting the permit renewal at least 270 days prior to the expiration date of the existing Hazardous Waste Transfer Facility Permit.

Modifications may be requested through a written submittal to the Hazardous Waste Compliance Section accompanied by supporting technical information.

The new owner must notify abutters and submit a request for a permit modification to the Hazardous Waste Compliance Section at least 90 days prior to the scheduled ownership change.

Any person aggrieved by a final decision can appeal to the Waste Management Council in accordance with RSA 21-O:9.

Status of Current Applications
Zachary Lorch at or (603) 271-5328; or the Hazardous Waste Hotline at (603) 271-2942.

More Information
It is strongly suggested that the applicant meet with Hazardous Waste Compliance Section representatives before submitting an application, to review permit application requirements including the siting requirements of Env-Hw 304.09 (Env-Hw 300 Permits).

Contact Us
Hazardous Waste Compliance Section or Zachary Lorch at or (603) 271-5328.

NH Department of Environmental Services | 29 Hazen Drive | PO Box 95 | Concord, NH 03302-0095
(603) 271-3503 | TDD Access: Relay NH 1-800-735-2964 | Hours: M-F, 8am-4pm

copyright 2017. State of New Hampshire