skip navigation
New Hampshire Department of Environmental Services


green arrow Overview

The NHDES Air Resources Division regulates certain sources of VOCs (volatile organic compounds) pursuant to Env-A 1200. Prior to June 1, 2011, NHDES regulated VOCs pursuant to Env-A 1204. Chapter Env-A 1200 incorporates recommendations contained in the USEPA Control Techniques Guidelines (CTGs) in order to reduce ozone in non-attainment areas. The CTGs provide recommended control options for various categories of sources of VOCs based on reasonably available control technology (RACT).

green arrow Publications

green arrow Rules/Regulatory

green arrow Education/Outreach

green arrow Related Programs

green arrow Training

green arrow Resources/Links

green arrow FAQs (Complete List)

green arrow Contact Us

  • Technical questions:
    Barbara Dorfschmidt, Senior State Permit Engineer
    NHDES Permitting & Environmental Health
    29 Hazen Drive; PO Box 95
    Concord, NH 03302-0095
    (603) 271-6796
    (603) 271-1381 (fax)
  • Rule questions:
    Barbara Hoffman, SIP Development Manager
    SIP Planning and Rulemaking
    29 Hazen Drive; PO Box 95
    Concord, NH 03302-0095
    (603) 271-7874



Adobe Acrobat Reader Symbol Adobe Acrobat Reader format. Download a free reader from Adobe.

NH Department of Environmental Services | 29 Hazen Drive | PO Box 95 | Concord, NH 03302-0095
(603) 271-3503 | TDD Access: Relay NH 1-800-735-2964 | Hours: M-F, 8am-4pm

copyright 2017. State of New Hampshire