skip navigation
New Hampshire Department of Environmental Services

Open Burning - Brush Fires, Campfires, Residential Waste, Construction and Demolition Debris
Open burning is - The burning of combustible material where the emissions do not vent through a stack, chimney or flue, but is released directly to the air. Open Burning is regulated under RSA 125-C and New Hampshire Code of Administrative Rules Env-A 1000 Prevention Abatement and Control of Open Sources of Air Pollution. In addition, RSA 125-N prohibits the open burning of household waste. more …

green arrow Publications

green arrow Rules/Regulatory

green arrow Education/Outreach

green arrow Technical Assistance

  • For information on alternatives to backyard burning (proper solid waste management, recycling, composting, etc.), contact the Solid Waste Technical Assistance Program or call your local town office.

green arrow Forms/Applications

green arrow Related Programs

green arrow Resources/Links (Complete List)

green arrow Contact Us

  • Linda Magoon
    Senior Compliance Assessment Specialist
    NHDES Air Resources Division
    29 Hazen Drive; PO Box 95
    Concord, NH 03302-0095
    (603) 271-1370
    (603) 271-1381 (fax)



Adobe Acrobat Reader Symbol Adobe Acrobat Reader format. Download a free reader from Adobe.

Microsoft Word SymbolMicrosoft Word format: free viewer instructions from Microsoft.

NH Department of Environmental Services | 29 Hazen Drive | PO Box 95 | Concord, NH 03302-0095
(603) 271-3503 | TDD Access: Relay NH 1-800-735-2964 | Hours: M-F, 8am-4pm

copyright 2017. State of New Hampshire