NHDES Response to COVID-19
A clearinghouse for information related to any changes in NHDES program activity due to the novel coronavirus.
The NHDES office buildings in Concord and Portsmouth are open to the public and are accepting walk-ins, however you are encouraged to call or email the program staff and set up a meeting time before coming to the building. The NHDES main phone number is (603) 271-3503.
We also provide a locked drop box for people who would rather submit their documents (that cannot be mailed or emailed) without entering the building. Documents can be dropped off during normal business hours (weekdays 8 AM-4 PM) in the locked drop box under the portico at the main entrance door at NHDES on 29 Hazen Drive, Concord, NH (materials must fit in a 3"x 12" slot).
The DHHS water lab window is now open inside of the lobby at 29 Hazen Drive for water sample drop-offs. The main entrance to the lab is also open for the public on the side of the building.
Right-to-Know Law Compliance
- How to Conduct Emergency Meetings in Compliance with New Hampshire's Right-to-Know Law (RSA Chapter 91-A)
- Accredited Laboratories: Info and Resources – March 18, 2020
Air Resources Division
- Fuel Waiver Concerning Summer Gasoline – April 25, 2020
Fuel Storage Tanks
- AST/UST Construction Inspections – UPDATE – March 20, 2020
Public Water Systems
- Public Water Systems Update – July 15, 2021
- Firms Offering Contract Operator Services
- Backflow Prevention Device Testing Requirement – July 15, 2021
- Flushing and Start-Up Procedures for Reopening Facilities – May 7, 2020
Certified Operators and Community Water Systems
- Sample Interim Guidance for Customer Home
- Drinking Water Certified Operator Update – July 15, 2021
- Community Water Systems: Info and Resources – March 5, 2020
- Septage Management Memo – March 31, 2020
Subsurface Systems Bureau
- Exhibit Q, Emergency Order 29 – September 4, 2020
- Petroleum Reimbursement Claim Update – March 25, 2020
- Petroleum Reimbursement Fund Update – May 18, 2020
- UST Class A and B Operator Training - Emergency Order #29 Update – September 11, 2020