NHDES Response to COVID-19
A clearinghouse for information related to any changes in NHDES program activity due to the novel coronavirus.
The coronavirus pandemic has caused many of us to do business differently. NHDES will do its best to communicate any changes directly with our program customers and stakeholders, however please check this webpage regularly, as we will update information as necessary.
Our buildings in Concord and Pease are open for document drop off or for appointments, but are closed to walk-ins.
If you need to meet with NHDES staff members, you are encouraged to do so via telephone or web conferencing, in order to best protect your health and safety and that of our staff. However, if an in-office meeting with NHDES staff is necessary, please call or email the program staff you wish to meet with to arrange for an office appointment. You can also call the NHDES main number at (603) 271-3503 for assistance.
If you have documents to submit to NHDES that cannot be mailed or emailed, they can be dropped off during normal business hours (weekdays 8 AM-4 PM) in the locked drop box under the portico at the main entrance door at NHDES on 29 Hazen Drive, Concord, NH (materials must fit in a 3"x 12" slot).
If you need to drop off water samples to the DHHS lab, please go to the main entrance door at NHDES on 29 Hazen Drive, Concord, NH. Under the portico, there is a table and instructions to call lab staff, who will come collect the sample from you while maintaining social distancing. Please remain at the entrance until your sample is collected.
Right-to-Know Law Compliance
- How to Conduct Emergency Meetings in Compliance with New Hampshire's Right-to-Know Law (RSA Chapter 91-A)
- Accredited Laboratories: Info and Resources – March 18, 2020
Air Resources Division
Fuel Storage Tanks
- AST/UST Construction Inspections – UPDATE – March 20, 2020
Public Water Systems
- FAQs and Information – December 11, 2020
- Backflow Prevention Device Testing Report Extension – March 24, 2020
- Backflow Prevention Device Testing Requirements UPDATE – April 10, 2020
- Firms Offering Contract Operator Services
- Flushing and Start-Up Procedures for Reopening Facilities – May 7, 2020
Certified Operators and Community Water Systems
- Sample Interim Guidance for Customer Home
- Certified Operators and Community Water Systems: Impacts Related to COVID-19 webinar slides – April 3, 2020
- Community Water Systems: Info and Resources – March 5, 2020
- Septage Management Memo – March 31, 2020
Subsurface Systems Bureau
- Exhibit Q, Emergency Order 29 – September 4, 2020
- Groundwater Management Release Detection Permit Sampling email to Consultants – March 25, 2020
- Hazardous Waste Coordinator Certification Program – RE: Emergency Order #29 – April 13, 2020
- MtBE Remediation: Conducting Business During Stay at Home Order – April 7, 2020
- Petroleum Reimbursement Claim Update – March 25, 2020
- Petroleum Reimbursement Fund Update – May 18, 2020
- Solid Waste Management Bureau Program Updates & Resources
- Guidance for Management of Solid Waste During the COVID-19 Pandemic – December 18, 2020
- Safety Checklist for Solid Waste Facility Operators – December 21, 2020
- Solid Waste Facilities Continuity of Operations Planning – December 18, 2020
- Information Regarding Solid Waste Facility Permit Applications – December 21, 2020
- Resources for Managing Risk at SW Facilities & Information Regarding Paper Submittals – December 21, 2020
- UST Class A and B Operator Training - Emergency Order #29 Update – September 11, 2020
- Wastewater Engineering Bureau (WWEB) Webinar: COVID-19 Impacts on Public Wastewater Systems – April 13, 2020
- Wastewater Engineering Bureau (WWEB) FAQs & Information for Public Wastewater Systems – June 12, 2020
- Wetland Permit Public Information Notice – March 31, 2020