Energy Treasure Hunt for Microbreweries Webinar – April 27, 2021
The Pollution Prevention Program’s Sustainable Craft Beverage Program is collaborating with EPA’s Region 1 Pollution Prevention Program and EPA’s ENERGY STAR Program for a free three-part webinar series on Sustainable Solutions for Craft Beverage Producers. The first webinar will feature Energy Treasure Hunts for Microbreweries and will be held on Tuesday, April 27, from 1 to 2 PM EDT. REGISTRATION LINK.
Danny Macri and Emily Bolger from ENERGY STAR will give an Overview of the Energy Treasure Hunt Process and provide insights into using the ENERGY STAR Treasure Map for Microbreweries which is an opportunity for brewers to uncover opportunities to save. Scott Lawson, Director of Brewing Operations at Lawson’s Finest, will then demonstrate How to Conduct an Energy Treasure Hunt in a Brewery and show how to maximize efforts in reducing energy costs. Energy costs can be 5-10% of cost of goods sold in breweries. As the brewing industry continues to grow, start questioning why things are the way they are and how to reduce the bottom line.
- Danny Macri, EPA ENERGY STAR: Danny Macri is an industrial sector manager with the U.S. EPA’s ENERGY STAR program, a voluntary government program that works with manufacturers to increase energy efficiency across their operations. Danny leads initiatives with several manufacturing sectors to identify best energy management practices and create benchmarking tools to improve sustainability through improved energy performance. Danny is a Certified Energy Manager®, holds a Master’s in Environmental Management and is a home brewer.
- Emily Bolger, EPA Region 1: Emily Bolger is the regional ENERGY STAR representative for EPA Region 1 located in Boston. Emily also coordinates the New England Energy Management Best Practice Network which is a regional network of industrial end-users, utilities, and strategic energy managers brought together with the common goal of saving energy.
- Scott Shirley, Lawson’s Finest Liquids: Scott R. Shirley is a graduate of the American Brewers Guild 1996 Diploma Course and of the University of California, Davis, General Certificate in Brewing and Packaging. His brewery experience includes Production Manager at Long Trail Brewing Company, Brewer at Tuckerman Brewing Company, Head Brewer for Harpoon Brewery in Windsor, Vt., for 18 years, and current Director of Brewing for Lawson’s Finest Liquids.
Upcoming Sustainable Solutions for Craft Beverage Producers Webinars:
- Innovative Solutions: Solar Hot Water and CO2 Recovery Systems - May
- How to Cultivate a Culture of Sustainability at Your Facility - June