The purpose of the Water Well Board is to protect and improve the general health and welfare of the citizens of the state of New Hampshire and to protect the groundwater resources of the state; by licensing well and pump contractors; by providing well construction records; and by adopting and enforcing standards for the construction of wells and the installation of pumps.
RSA 482-B:3 establishes a seven-member water well board consisting of department representatives and others representing water well contractors, pump installers, technical drillers, and the public.
- To safeguard the public health.
- To protect the groundwater resources of the state.
- To license water well contractors and pump installers.
- To regulate the construction of water wells and the installation of pumps.
- To provide for penalties for violations.
- To provide well records and to promote and encourage cooperation among water well contractors, pump installers, technical drillers, and governmental agencies in the development and protection of records of wells and ground water resources.
- To prepare and make available to the public information relative to groundwater resources in the state.
These efforts are supported by staff within the NH Department of Environmental Services, Commissioners Office and Water Division.
The members of the Water Well Board and the interest which they represent are:
- Chairman: David R. Hunt, Water Well Contractor
- Secretary: Rene Pelletier, Assistant Director, Water Division, DES
- Kelly M. Dobrowolski, Pump Installer
- Steven Garside, Technical Driller
- Peter W. Caswellt, C.W.D. - P.I., Water Well Contractor
- Frederick H. Chormann, Jr., P.G., State Geologist, NH Geological Survey
- Steve Guercia, Public Member
- Staff: Richard Schofield, Water Well Program Manager, DES
Please note that a links to searches for "well construction reports", "licensed well contractors", and "licensed pump installers" are listed under Related Programs.