skip navigation
New Hampshire Department of Environmental Services

Filing a Complaint
The Spill Response and Complaint Investigation Section (SRCIS) responds to complaints related to illegal disposal of oil and hazardous materials, illegal dumping of solid waste and household refuse, automobile accidents, road side spills involving oil, chemicals and other waste, and spills onto surface waters of the State.

Types of Complaints

  • Asbestos Containing Materials (Improper Storage/Disposal)
  • Drums and Misc. Containers (Improper Storage/Disposal)
  • Hazardous Waste (Improper Storage/Disposal)
  • Infectious Waste (Improper Storage/ Disposal)
  • Petroleum (Improper Storage/Disposal)
  • Solid Waste (Improper Storage/Disposal)

Note: For all other complaints please contact the appropriate state agency following this link

How to Make a Complaint

First: Contact local officials such as the code enforcement, health officer, selectmen, fire or police departments to resolve the issues at the local level.

Second: If the compliant cannot be resolved at the local level and additional assistance is required, you can use the complaint form at the link below.

Required Information When Making a Complaint

Complaint Form Adobe Acrobat Reader Symbol

Caution! Never put yourself at risk to obtain information. Forward what information you can get safely and without trespassing.

  • Your name and phone number.
  • The name, address and phone number of the person or party you believe is responsible.
  • Location of the complaint including directions to the site.
  • Description of what the complaint is about, including photos and a sketch of the area.



Adobe Acrobat Reader Symbol Adobe Acrobat Reader format. Download a free reader from Adobe.

NH Department of Environmental Services | 29 Hazen Drive | PO Box 95 | Concord, NH 03302-0095
(603) 271-3503 | TDD Access: Relay NH 1-800-735-2964 | Hours: M-F, 8am-4pm

copyright 2017. State of New Hampshire