Flood-Related Public Service Announcement
- Are you still using a back-up generator or auxiliary heat sources after the flooding?
- Don’t use anything indoors that burns fuel, such as gasoline-powered generators, camp stoves and lanterns, or charcoal grills – they all give off carbon monoxide – a colorless, odorless gas.
- It can kill you.
- Opening doors and windows or using fans won’t prevent a buildup of carbon monoxide. Have your water heater and gas furnace exhausts checked to make sure they aren’t blocked.
- If you feel sick, dizzy or weak while using a generator, get to fresh air right away!
NH Department of Environmental Services | 29 Hazen Drive | PO Box 95 | Concord, NH 03302-0095
(603) 271-3503 | TDD Access: Relay NH 1-800-735-2964 | Hours: M-F, 8am-4pm