NH Statute RSA 125-C:10-c was recently revised to allow an exception to the ban on the combustion of construction and demolition (C&D) debris.
The revised rule will allow, during the months November through April, the combustion of up to 10,000 tons of wood that has been processed from construction and demolition debris at Wheelabrator Municipal Waste Combustor in Penacook, NH. Wood must be processed from C&D debris in accordance with EPA standards at 40 CFR 241, and is contingent on the adoption of fuel standards and test methods by NHDES. Information about the rule and the rulemaking process is presented on this page.
- EPA 40 CFR 241, Solid Waste Used as Fuels or Ingredients in Combustion Units
- Maine Solid Waste Management Rules: Chapter 418 Beneficial Use of Solid Wastes
- Text of House Bill 1428
- Consolidated Comments from the June 30 Meeting
- June 30, 2016 Presentation
- Minutes from June 30, 2016 meeting
- Comments from the American Academy of Pediatrics
Felice Janelle, Planning Analyst
Adobe Acrobat Reader format. Download a free reader from Adobe.