Attend the Largest Drinking Water Source Protection Event in New England
Conference Thursday, May 18, 2017 in Concord, NH
Concord, NH – Mark your calendars and register to attend the 2017 New Hampshire Department of Environmental Services (NHDES) Drinking Water Source Protection Conference on Thursday, May 18 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at the Grappone Conference Center, 70 Constitutional Avenue, Concord, New Hampshire. This event will feature scientists, state and federal officials, and water supply managers, who will present their work and views on a range of topics.
Conference sessions include the following topics:
- PFCs and other emerging contaminants
- Land conservation and its benefits to drinking water source protection
- Status of the Drought and efforts to manage its impacts
- Sessions that discuss the challenges of toxic cyanobacteria for drinking water sources
- The role of source water protection in supporting the goal of safe drinking water
- Session on how educators have integrated water resource problems into classrooms
NHDES is partnering with the American Ground Water Trust to organize and promote this event. The full conference agenda and registration information are available at the Trust's website: https://agwt.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=239. Be sure to register early, as the conference typically fills up quickly.
The cost to attend is $60 and includes lunch and refreshments. Additionally, 5.0 Technical Credit Hours will be offered for full attendance under the NH Water Works Operator Certification Program.
The registration page includes exhibitor and sponsorship information if you would like to have an exhibit table or be a sponsor of this event.